The International Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management is the ideal qualification for anyone looking for a solid foundation in the theory and practice of effective risk management.
The qualification provides you with an:
- Introduction to the principles, concepts and practice of risk and risk management
- Understanding of the multi-disciplinary nature of risk management within any type of organisation
- Understanding of current risk management thinking, standards and regulations across of the world
- Entry route to the International Diploma in Risk Management
If you already hold one of the risk management qualifications on this list you will be exempt from the International Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management and may apply directly to become a Certificate Member of IRM.
Download a Certificate Membership application form.
There are also other ways of having your learning and experience recognised via either our non-standard exemption routes or accreditation of prior learning.
View the ERM certificate qualification brochure here
Exploring the impact of the global business environment on risk, it examines issues that are relevant to specific sectors and geographical areas, and the needs and demands of various stakeholder groups, including regulatory authorities.
View full course syllabus »
Course Syllabus :
The Certificate is made up of two modules which are designed to be studied together. Learning in module 1 explores elements of the risk management process, while module 2 explains how organisational culture and appetite for risk may affect the implementation of such processes. Similarly, discussion of risk management standards in module 1 supports the study of governance and risk architecture in module 2.
Principles of risk and risk management
This module provides an introduction to the principles and concepts of risk and risk management. It explores the history of risk management to help gain an understanding of current drivers of enterprise risk management, as well as the development and impact of international standards.
Key topics include:
- The concepts and definitions of risk and risk management
- Risk management standards
- Enterprise risk management
- Risk assessment, identification, analysis and evaluation
- Risk responses and risk treatment
Practice of risk management
This module explores the impact of the global business environment on risk. It examines issues relevant to specific sectors and geographical areas, and the needs and demands of various stakeholder groups, including regulatory authorities.
Key topics include:
- An overview of the global business and risk environment
- Risk architecture, strategy and protocols
- Risk culture, appetite and tolerance
- Risk and organisations, including an introduction to corporate governance, project and operational risk management, and supply chain management
- Organisational risk management, emerging risks and future developments
Download the full syllabus »
Successful completion of these modules enables you to move onto the subsequent modules of the International Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management.