The Taxpayer can submit the response online to the outstanding demand by either choosing to ‘Agree’ or ‘Disagree’ with the demand.
Perform the following steps for Responding to the Outstanding Demand.
- Logon to ‘e-Filing’ Portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Go to the ‘e-File’ menu and Click ‘Response to Outstanding Demand’
- Click the hyperlink ‘Submit’ located under ‘Response’ column (To respond for the Outstanding Demand)
- Choose any one of the listed responses.
- Demand is correct
- Demand is partially correct
- Disagree with demand
- Demand is not correct but agree for adjustment
- On choosing ‘Demand is correct’, click on ‘Submit’ button to ‘Confirm’ and complete the response submission process.
• If you confirm ‘Demand is correct’ then you cannot disagree with the demand again.
• If any refund is due, the refund will be adjusted against the outstanding demand.
• The taxpayer can pay the demand by clicking the link under ‘Pay Tax’ option.
- On choosing ‘Demand is partially correct’, Enter the ‘Amount which is correct’ and the ‘Amount which is incorrect’ will be auto filled. Select the appropriate reason(s) from the list and fill all the applicable fields, upload the necessary supporting documents and ‘Submit’ the response.
- On choosing ‘Disagree with demand’, Select the appropriate reason(s) from the list and fill all the applicable fields, upload the necessary supporting documents and ‘Submit’ the response.
- On choosing ‘Demand is not correct but agree for adjustment’, Select the appropriate reason(s) from the list and fill all the applicable fields, upload the necessary supporting documents and ‘Submit’ the response.
• List of Reasons and the additional details required on selecting each reasons.
ReasonsAdditional Details RequiredDemand paid and Challan has CINBSR CodeDate of paymentSerial NumberAmountRemarksDemand paid and Challan has no CINDate of paymentAmountRemarksUpload copy of ChallanDemand already reduced by rectification / Revision/ Appellate OrderDate of OrderDemand after rectification/ revision/AppealDetails of AOUpload Rectification / revision/ Giving appeal effect order passed by AODemand already reduced by Appellate Order but appeal effect to be givenDate of OrderOrder passed byReference Number of OrderAppeal has been filed – Stay petition filedDate of filing of appealAppeal Pending withStay petition filed withAppeal has been filed – Stay grantedDate of filing of appealAppeal Pending withStay granted byUpload copy of StayAppeal has been filed – Instalment grantedDate of filing of appealAppeal Pending withInstalment granted byUpload copy of instalment orderRectification / Revised Return filed at CPCFiling Typee-Filed Acknowledgement Number.RemarksUpload Challan CopyUpload TDS CertificateUpload Letter requesting for rectificationUpload Indemnity BondRectification filed with AODate of applicationRemarksOthersOthers
- A success message along with Transaction ID is displayed on successful submission of the response.
• To View the submitted response go to ‘e-File’ > ‘Response to Outstanding Demand’ and click on the ‘View’ link under the ‘Response’ column and in the new page click on the ‘Transaction Id’ hyperlink.
• For the demand which is shown to be uploaded by AO, then the rectification right is with Assessing Officer and for the demand against which there is no ‘Submit’ response available is already confirmed by the Assessing Officer. Kindly contact your jurisdictional Assessing Officer for clarification.
Go to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in